Free Shipping on Orders more than $200! (Continental U.S. Only)
Expedited Shipping Available! Call or E-mail us at email@example.com
Roman Gladius Vesparum: Wasp-waisted Roman Gladius
- CUSTOM ENGRAVING AVAILABLE - See Below
- High carbon steel, available tempered and sharpened
- Narrow-waisted blade for lightness and awesomeness
- Polished hardwood pommel and guard
- Scalloped hardwood grip inset with brass spacers
- Comes with burgandy leather-bound, brass-accented wooden sheath
- Belt rings built into the brass throat of the sheath
- Models on Sale
* Stock items ship from Strongblade in 1-3 business days. Please allow additonal 2 to 5 business days for engraving or sharpening.
Do you want to float like a butterfly and sting like a Roman Legionnaire? Then this is the gladius for you, my friend! The Gladius Vesparum is a lethal weapon, named after one of nature’s most dangerous predators.
The wasp has a powerful stinger that can paralyze its victims with one thrust. The Vesparum can make an enemy stop moving with one thrust. See where I’m going here? Want more?
The wasp has a narrow waist that flares near the dangerous sting. And the Vesparum? Well, just look at it. The narrowing blade reduces the overall weight and puts the power at the tip, which is where the Romans wanted it. The pronounced V-shaped tip is meant for one thing, and one thing only—putting steel inside your opponent’s body with a single thrust.
This magnificent sword comes with a beautifully carved wooden grip. Each segment of the grip is carved deep for a secure hold, and separated with polished brass spacers for that classy “I am a killer, but I still have style” sort of look. The full tang of the sword secured through the flattened-sphere pommel, and a customary brass shock plate has been mounted at the base of the guard.
The scabbard from this sword is hardwood, wrapped in a russet leather with brass accents at the throat and tip. Two brass belt rings are affixed to the throat.
|Overall Length: ||27.5 inches
|Blade Length:||20 inches
|Blade Material of|
|EN 45 Spring Steel
Includes leather scabbard
Images of This Product from Our Engraving Gallery
WE CELEBRATE OUR ARMED FORCES
MARINE EMBLEM ENGRAVED ON A GLADIUS AWARED TO ROB JONES
National Soccer Tournament Award
PROVIDENCE CITY SOCCER AWARD
Visit our Engraving Gallery to see more examples of our custom engravings.